Monday, June 6, 2011

beautiful art to inspire you and make you cry so much it's embarrassing

Well! I'm sure after reading about my figure drawing experience you must be demanding to see ALL of my art now. And of course I shall show you my latest gigs on Photoshop, showing you what kind of serious artist I am:
This is my typical day of babysitting. When the baby is down, I sit in bed and watch Avatar. Oh, yes! I waste no time here. I'm just livin' it up.


Okay, this...this...this is what happens when you listen to too much opera. This was inspired by Carmen, which I haven't been able to find the whole version of online and that is very off-putting.
A WIP of me. Anatomy is baaaaaaaad. I'm still vain, yes. I seriously should start brainstorming actual ideas instead of drawing myself and tragic lovers.

And speaking of lovers and tragedy...
Um. This is also VERY much a WIP. I can't stand the girl's leg and I can't get the guy's mouth right. And honestly, this is sort of a brainstorm for a much more ambitious piece that I just can't quite get right.

Anyway, all in all, I'd say that it's surprisingly therapeutic to draw badly on purpose, Photoshop is still hard, and I have tons to learn. I'm trying to be patient with myself.

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying this Liesl. Thanks for sharing the site with me.
    I taught a lesson on talents on Sunday, and I think it is good to remember that you have to work on talents. .. they just aren't handed to you.
    You've certainly got talent here, babe.

    ReplyDelete