Thursday, May 26, 2011

Him and Her and She

I'd like to show you my baby I worked on since about January:
Title: Him and Her and She

I worked on this in Photoshop CS4. It was all done free-hand on my Wacom Bamboo, which is really, really hard. I could have drawn it on paper and then scanned it in and taken it from there, but I haven't quite mastered scanning. Plus, I really enjoyed fiddling around with all the different tools you can use in CS4.

Here's a WIP:

I had a lot of frustration with the guy's face (guys are SO much harder to draw than girls - girls are just so easy to make pretty) and those hands were killer. I originally was going to wimp out and just make the hands into mittens or something, but my friend Erin called me out on it and told me to draw the hands anyway. It was really hard and at one point my computer overheated and froze and I DIDN'T SAVE ANYTHING so I had to start over on the hands. Grr! But hey, it was worth it.

I actually didn't decide to flip the whole canvas until the very, very end. I think it makes it more poignant, so I'm glad I did.

I learned a lot about Photoshop from this and while it's made me more willing to work in Photoshop and I've got a better handle on using a tablet, I just hope that my next projects don't take as long.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love your morbidity. You MUST become a cartoonist, and that's all there's to it. The P&P '05 was awesome.

    ReplyDelete